Sneaker storing is a one of the most important rules to be a sneakerhead. You gotta be able to know which shoe is which and where are they. You gotta know how to store them, how to stack them. Well sole collector ended up getting some great advice from the experts from their forums
Awry stated “I take the paper out of the boxes. Colder temperatures are better than warmer temps. I also use plastic bags and silica packs. Also, don’t stack boxes too high because we all know that heat rises.”
brooklynson: Here are my suggestions:
1. You should put them in a sealed bag (zip lock etc.) to keep the dust and humidity out.
2. To avoid molding, put silica gel packs in the zip lock bags as well.
3. Cooler temperatures in dark places are preferable.
4. Do not bother storing to keep soles icey, as soles turn yellow because they oxidize. This will naturally occur no matter what you do.
5. If it’s in a garage, make sure they are secure there.